Goals & Objectives:
At the conclusion of this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe and identify the anatomical structures of the lymphatic system and relate anatomy to function.
- Define and discuss Starling’s law of equilibrium.
- Describe the physiology of fluid filtration and reabsorption.
- Define lymphedema based on anatomical and physiological principles.
- Discuss the prevalence and etiology of lymphedema.
- Discuss the function of the lymph system and its role in the prevention of edema formation.
- Describe and identify the stages of lymphedema.