Dr. Perdomo is breaking new ground in the physical therapy treatment of individuals with oncological disease. She is a forerunner in the field as both an educator and a clinician. Her belief in the activities and benefits of physical therapy is evidenced through her political activism for reimbursement of lymphedema care. She is also highly involved with the patient as an individual through her leadership with such community groups as Cancer Life Line, Team Survivor Northwest and the National Coalition of Breast Cancer.
Examples of Dr. Perdomo’s accomplishments include:
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA.
- Developer, Outpatient Oncology Rehabilitation at USC’s faculty practice.
- District Representative, California chapter of the APTA.
- Developer of case study and problem-based learning for the DPT program at USC.
- Founder, Oncology Rehab and Lymphedema Program at Olympic PT in Seattle, WA.
- Founder, Oncology Clinical Rotation at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, WA.