Dr. Flynn is board certified in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy (OCS), a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT), and a frequent research presenter at state, national, and international meetings. Dr. Flynn is widely published, including 2 textbooks, 6 book chapters, over 50 peer-reviewed manuscripts, and over 60 published abstracts on orthopaedics, biomechanics, and manual therapy issues. Dr. Flynn is an expert clinician and owner of Colorado Physical Therapy Specialists. His primary clientele is made up of individuals suffering from low back pain, chronic spinal disorders, failed back surgeries, and chronic pain disorders, and his clinical expertise is frequently sought by national and international clients.
Examples of Dr. Flynn's accomplishments include:
- Recipient, James A. Gould Excellence in Teaching Award, Orthopedic Section, APTA.
- Recipient, Steven J. Rose Excellence in Research Award (twice).
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists (AAOMPT) Outstanding Research Award (twice).
- Co-author of the Manipulation Education Manual (MEM) jointly developed by the APTA and AAOMPT for use in professional physical therapist programs.
- Immediate Past President of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists.
- Associate Editor for the Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT) and editorial board member of Manual Therapy.
- Executive Team, Evidence in Motion.
- Distintuished Professor, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions.