This course is taught by the following leaders from the Oncology Section of the American Physical Therapy Association.
Antoinette P. Sander PT, DPT, MS, CLT-LANA
Dr. Sander is an Associate Professor Emerita at Northwestern University's Department of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences in Chicago, IL. In more than 30 years of clinical practice, she has focused on patients with orthopedic or lymphatic dysfunction. Dr. Sander’s training in lymphedema management has come from a variety of sources, and she is a Certified Lymphedema Therapist with LANA. She has taught continuing education courses in edema management nationally and internationally.
Examples of Dr. Sander's accomplishments include:
- Developed and teaches a course in Clinical Management of Patients with Lymphatic and Integumentary Dysfunction at Northwestern University, in addition to traditional musculoskeletal and psychosocial courses.
- Awarded the Oncology Section of the APTA's Student Research Award in 2009.
- Member of multiple associations related to physical therapy and the treatment of lymphedema, including the National Lymphedema Network and the Lymphology Association of North America.
- Member of the Oncology Section of the APTA's task force on developing a regional lymphedema training course.
- Member of the editorial board for Rehabilitation Oncology, the official journal of the Oncology Section of the APTA, and a reviewer for Journal of Physical Therapy Education, the official journal of the Education Section of the APTA.
Kimiko Yamada PT, DPT, OCS, ATC, CSCS
Dr. Yamada is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy in the Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy at the University of Southern California. As a clinician at USC Physical Therapy Associates, a faculty practice of the Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, she specializes in orthopaedic, neurologic, lymphedema, and oncology-related disorders.
Examples of Dr. Yamada's accomplishments include:
- Teaches in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at the University of Southern California for content related to oncology and therapeutic modalities.
- Guest presenter at the APTA’s annual Combined Sections Meeting and at the International Head and Neck Symposiums.
- An APTA-credentialed clinical instructor for physical therapy student interns.
- Faculty mentor in the Orthopedic Physical Therapy residency program at USC.
Betsy Campione PT, DPT, CLT-LANA
Dr. Campione is a physical therapist specializing in oncology rehabilitation and lymphedema management. She completed her Doctorate in Physical Therapy at Northwestern University and received her lymphedema certifications from the Norton School of Lymphatic Training and the Lymphology Association of North America.
Examples of Dr. Campione's accomplishments include:
- Program Coordinator for Oncology Rehabilitation at the University of Chicago Medicine.
- Adjunct faculty member at Northwestern University, teaching on the topics of lymphedema management and psychology.
- Member of multiple associations related to physical therapy and the treatment of lymphedema, including the Lymphology Association of North America and the Oncology Section of the APTA.