Dr. Jobe is an internationally recognized lecturer in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, and has published over 150 peer reviewed research articles. He is the recipient of numerous awards in research, teaching and contributions to medicine. He is one of the founding members of the American Shoulder and Elbow Society, International Society of the Knee as well as of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine.
Examples of Dr. Jobe's accomplishments include:
- Published over 150 peer reviewed research articles in Sports Medicine,
- Internationally recognized lecturer in Sports Medicine,
- Orthopaedic Consultant (former and/or current)
- Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball Team
- PGA Tour and Senior PGA Tour - Golf
- Los Angeles Lakers Basketball Team
- Los Angeles Kings Hockey Team
- California Angels Baseball Team
- Clinical Professor, Department of Orthopaedics, USC,
- Developed the elbow and shoulder surgeries that allowed injured professional ball players to return to play. The respective first recipients of these were Tommy John and Orel Hershiser.