Dr. Hillegass is an educator and a clinician in cardiovascular and pulmonary care. She is a board certified cardiovascular and pulmonary clinical specialist, and is a Fellow of the American Association of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). Her professional activities include leadership positions in the Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Section for the APTA. She has published multiple research articles as well as authored and co-edited several books.
Examples of Dr. Hillegass’s accomplishments include:
- Catherine Worthingham Fellow, APTA, 2012.
- President of Cardiopulmonary Specialists.
- Legislative and Reimbursement Chair, Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Section of the APTA.
- Editor of the popular entry-level textbook Essentials in Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy.
- Author of Rehab Notes, a clinical notes book.
- Educator in academic and continuing education programs:
- Adjunct faculty member at Mercer University.
- Lecturer for North American Seminars.