Dr.VanBeveren has integrated a unique niche in Physical Therapy as a board certified specialist in both Orthopedics and in Geriatrics while incorporating his expertise as a certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. He is a nationally recognized speaker on function and exercise for older adults. While applying this distinctive combination in practice and in educating the allied health community, Dr. VanBeveren fulfilled leadership roles within the profession of Physical Therapy.
Examples of Dr. VanBeveren’s accomplishments include:
- Recipient of the Henry O. Kendall and Florence P. Kendall Award for Outstanding Achievement in Clinical Practice from the APTA.
- Past President, New York Physical Therapy Association.
- Co-Chair of the APTA’s Committee on Chapters and Sections.
- Member of APTA’s Direct Access Task Force.
- Member of APTA’s Referral for Profit Task Force.